Saturday, March 8, 2008

Seminar in KC

I just got back from a seminar in Kansas City, MO. What a super day! Okay, we won't talk about how I got re-routed on the way home....prior to that, with the exception of eating lunch at the most awful Italian restaurant I have ever been to, it was super. And now I'm finished with all of the exceptions. The speaker was Jack Reznicki, who is president of the national Professional Photographer's Association and an accomplished photographer in NY. The gist of the seminar was studio lighting, and getting the softest quality of lighting, which is an area I've been wanting to improve in. The beauty of the day is that all of the techniques taught utilize a small amount of space, and as excited as I am about my new home studio, I have been a little concerned about having a camera room half the size of my current one. I feel less concern after today's seminar.

And to finish off, I have this beautiful friend in KC whom I would be glad to share with you, but if you ever meet her, don't ask her what highway to take to get back to Topeka. She thinks she knows. She doesn't. I think when she comes back home to see her mom, she lets her eleven-year-old drive. Between my being directionally challenged and her transposing highway names, we make quite a pair!

1 comment:

Bobbi said...

Too funny!!! I am so glad that you take the time to go to these seminars. So many people think there is nothing more for them to learn in their profession. I have gotten something out of every seminar I have attended... although there are a few that I didn't get much from, and I was darn glad the boss paid for it :-)